“NOSTALGIA!”* a poem for: SUNDAY, July 7, 2019
Ever-miss The Days? of-the BARKING DOG?
And the Corvair car – and lots of “smog,”
And “Silent Spring?”** and “Attica,”
- God needs you to understand ~
- (AUSTRALIA) JUST IN: Toondah Harbour Report: Details of a multi-billion-dollar marina and apartment development planned for protected wetlands in Moreton Bay will remain hidden from the public after a tribunal ruled crucial documents should remain secret #AceNewsDesk report
- (NEW SOUTH WALES) Hearing Report: A Sydney man who police say attacked 19 women and girls across parts of NSW over seven years, faces almost 50 charges after 14 new alleged victims came forward #AceNewsDesk report
- (UKRAINE) JUST IN: President Volodymyr Zelensky has invited his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to “meet anywhere in the Ukrainian Donbas, where there is a war.” #AceNewsDesk report
And THAT sad holiday? and RADICA-
L-MILITANTS? on The Courthouse step,
And the-continuing malady of-the-evil-“C HEP?”
And flus (or colds) – and broken toes,
And – a-fine tooth-ache, for goodness’ sake?
THOSE-MEMORIES-OF A-LIFE, BADLY-LIVED,
Or!? Maybe NOT! Perhaps, “Jealous-God” give-d,
YOU, just the-right-things – to-drive you crazy;
Like: DO YOU REMEMBER, how Grama Mazie,
Frail and moaning, with migraine pain,
Squeezed your hand TOO HARD! and, then-came,
That TERRIBLE QUESTION: “Do-you love-me?”
And-you-hesitated, ’cause-she-was:-DANG SCAR-Y?
And YOU WAITED (for what seemed years) BEFORE YOU SAID:
“OF COURSE, grama!” but, NOW, you’d give,
All you have, for one more try,
To look your grama – in “the eye,”
And say, with SUREST cer-tain-ty,
“I DO-LOVE-YOU, GRA-MA!”
- Nostalgia (n): Missin’ “old stuff!”
** – a book by author Rachel Carson, I think, suggesting chemical companies like Monsanto and Dow were gonna destroy the “natural” environment and we would all be left, living in a putrid waste of environmental proportions! i.e.: The way things are today!