I wanted to be a soldier, in uniform and proud, Protecting noble sentiments; I could be awfully loud, Expressing all of my concerns for bad guys’ ill intent, And then I found out truly where our bombs were being sent.
I wanted to be a teacher; I thought that would be neat, Until, within a hall, I heard the clambered feet, Of students marching to their rooms to get indoctrinated. I was a prison warden, prison life perpetuated.
I wanted to be a lawyer, and to show up in the court, Pleading justice and fair play, to always be the sort, Of legal representative to strive for decency, But money ruled; “Where,” I asked, “was a democracy?”
Am I too idealistic; do I need to drop the bombs, Force knowledge and the law on children, dads and moms? I expect too much and I am spoiled rotten all the time. If I lived inside a box, I could not write this rhyme.
- Cherish Life that Abideth – William MorrisAdvertisements Love is enough: cherish life that abideth, Lest ye die ere ye know him, and curse and misname him; For who knows in what ruin of all hope he hideth, On what wings of the terror of darkness he rideth? And what is the joy of man’s life that ye blame him For his […]
- Through the Trouble and Tangle –Advertisements Love is enough: through the trouble and tangle From yesterday’s dawning to yesterday’s night, I sought through the vales where the prisoned winds wrangle, Till, wearied and bleeding, at end of the light I met him, and we wrestled, and great was my might. O great was my joy, though no rest was around […]
- Animal RightsAdvertisements
- Watch “Inside Donald Trump’s American Castle Mar-a-Lago” on YouTubeAdvertisements
- ‘ Ace Daily News With Kindness & Wisdom ‘Advertisements This is our daily list of posts on @acenewsservices that are shared across Twitter, Facebook & Tumblr and Shared here on My.Daz.blog This is our daily news posts that are provided by Kindness & Wisdom Post today 18/01/2021 (LONDON) MET REPORT: Detectives investigating a murder in Brent on 11 January are appealing for information […]