#AceNewsReport – Feb.18: That led to undermining of the basis of national security and defense of Ukraine, as well as violations of human rights and freedoms; the lawmakers agree that the politician and his government acted against the interests of Ukraine’ these actions led:
‘Ukrainian Lawmakers Pass Decree Time At The Annivesary Of The ‘First Events Of The Revolution Of Dignity’ on 17th February 2021: Verkovnova Rada’
The full text follows:
15:30 17 February 2021: Verkovnova Rada of Ukraine of 9th convocation open source: The Ukrainian Parliament passed the decree timed to the anniversary of the first events of Revolution of Dignity (February 2014, – 112 International) reminding of the decree of the Ukrainian Parliament “On condemnation of excessive force that led to human fatalities”, the statement of the Ukrainian Parliament “On pushback against the aggression of the Russian Federation and coping with its consequences” and the laws of Ukraine “On provision of rights and freedoms of citizens and legal regime on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and “On peculiarities of state policy in terms of state sovereignty of Ukraine on the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions”;
taking into account the statement of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, sent to the International Criminal Court on the recognition of jurisdiction of International Criminal Court regarding the commitment of crimes against humanity, allowed by the top statesmen, which led to grave consequences and mass murder of Ukrainian citizens during peaceful rallies since November 30, 2013 till February 22, 2014;
realizing the necessity of provision of political assessment of the events of Revolution of Dignity, specifically due to the partial impossibility to bring the guilty individuals to responsibility, the Verkhovna Rada claims:
1. Revolution of Dignity is one of the key moments of Ukrainian statehood, and the image of the national idea of freedom.
2. Investigation of the crimes committed during the Revolution of Dignity should be complete, and it should be conducted effectively. The culprits must face the trial and brought to responsibility during the just and non-biased process. Further protraction in this regard is impossoble because the non-punished evil is growing.
3. Ukraine paid too much for the release from dictatorship and its civilization choice – to be part of Europe. Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred – Ukrainians and foreigners – who gave their lives during the Revolution of Dignity, protecting the ideas of democracy, standing for the human rights and freedoms, and the European future of Ukraine. The memory of their heroic feat is a part of the history of the national state.
4. The Constitution of Ukraine defines human life and health, honor and dignity, integrity and security as the highest social values. Acts of abuse of human dignity, which took place six years ago in the very heart of Ukraine – at Maidan Nezalezhnosti Square in Kyiv, and other places of the capital and various cities, settlements and villages all over the country should not repeat.
5. Taking power by force through the efforts of one of government branches, party or separate official is absolutely unacceptable, which causes long-lasting consequences.
6. Tragic events of the Revolution of Dignity, the annexation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevasstolpol, as well as the ongoing armed aggression of the Russian Federation, and the occupation of separate districts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions took place not least because of the policy of Viktor Yanukovych and the croiminal regime that he shaped, which was supported by the Russian Federation and acted against the national interests of Ukraine.
7. Illegal actions of separate workers of Berkut riot police unit, police agents, servicemen of Internal Troops, prosecutors, judges and other officials during the Revolution of Dignity are considered devastating to the state and the society.
8. Peaceful gatherings are extremely effective tool of social control over the bodies of public government. The safety of participants of peaceful rallies of all sorts – including one-time rallies, counter-rallies and spontaneous meetings should be protected by the government.
9. The government or separate officials cannot restrict the freedom of gatherings. Cases when freedom of gatherings can be restricted are foreseen in the Constitution of Ukraine, and they cannot be interpreted in expansive ways.
10. Dignity, democracy, equality and rule of law are the European values, which Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred paid with their lives for. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has been standing and will keep on standing on positions of strengthening of these values in all spheres of social life.
(C)112 UKRAINE 2021:
#AceNewsDesk report …………Published: Feb.18: 2021: