“VANESSARACHNOPHOBIA!” a poem July 12, 2019 (Friday, Popcorn Day!)
[in a continuing saga of Vanessa, The Spider Girl, who is taking the world over, one bank at a time!]
HER SPIDER LEGS WERE PAINTED ON – HER SPIDER LEGS SO TIGHT,
WHEN-VANESSA, SPIDER GIRL, DISAPPEARED
IN TO THE-NIGHT!
Our “spidey-whitey-tight-in-her-nightie” SPUN! quite-“outta-sight;”
Her web – of intrigue and death shimmered
She-did-“the-SHUFFLE,” pretty-bored (“BOARD”), yet examining all the souls,
All the lost and lonely! Her eyes were smoldering coals!
The tightest fitting garb she had, ’twas s[e]in-sual de-light,
And many-unwary “flies” found entanglement, all right!
She SPUN, as-she-danced, in provocative-y motion;
Her smell-a-and-her-look formed -a-perilous -deep-ocean!
Vanessa, coy-coy spider, snared-many -a-young -pis-TOL;
I saw her, while-peering – through-a -filthy-cracked Cryst(o)al!*
I watched her, and-once! She looked up – AND I KNEW:
She-WAS – out-of-her-mind with-lust for-This-Crew,
For-this sad company of-yearning-&-lost-men,
The food-a for her passion to satisfy her yen!
Yes, our-bank-worthy-spider-“DEALS!” in-Yen-Francs-Marks**-&-Hearts;
- – Ole Crystal Bar, Holland Avenue, Alpine, Texas! Karaoke on Thursdays!
** – Reichsmark, German currency
- Wisdom ~The gentleman understands rightousness, the petty man understands interest.
- Seasons ~Winter forms our character and brings out our best Winter is a season of recovery and preparation Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration Of what’s new to come Winter is the time for comfort For good food and warmth For the touch of a friendly hand And for a talk beside the fire […]
- We shall see.’ ~ WAS IT A THREAT?From Poona, I went to Rajkot and Porbandar, where I had to meet my brother’s widow and other relatives. During the Satyagraha in South Africa, I had altered my style of dress to make it more in keeping with that of the indentured labourers, and in England also I had adhered to the same style […]
- SHANTINIKETAN ~ GandhiFrom Rajkot, I proceeded to Shantiniketan. The teachers and students overwhelmed me with affection. The reception was a beautiful combination of simplicity, art and love. It was here I met Kakasaheb Kalelkar for the first time. I did not know then why Kalelkar was called ‘Kakasaheb’. But I learnt later on that Sjt. Keshavrao Deshpande, […]
- Yes I am with you always, until the very end of time ~Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. Love others as well as you love yourself.