“LOVE IN WAITING AT THE BACK!” a poem a.k.a.: “Seeking Peace!” a.k.a.: “Every Storm Cloud Has A Peaceful Lining!” July 8, 2019 (Monday)*
There are people I know – who seek many things,
Even “capable”-and-“helpful” Princes and Kings,
But – whatever you seek, whatever’s-hoped-[for]-here,
I’ve said it before; I’ve said it, my Dear:
SEEKING-“HERE,” I’M-AFRAID – N E V E R HELPS-YOU TO-FIND,
A N Y T H I N G-THAT-MIGHT GIVE-YOU PEACE OF-MIND!
Yet-“Peace,” or Peace-of-Mind has more value than any,
Thing-you-can-imagine YET still! so-many,
Well-meaning folks, with “Hearts of Gold,”
Find only “wastelands,” I am told!
So, STILL – staying-where-you-are I-think’s-good-advice,
And MAKE THE BEST OF “IT,” for Sugar-and-spice,
Is: “Wherever-You’re-AT,” for “the swift flying years,”
(Seem-to) bring each of us challenge, and “each of us tears!”
And, if-you-value-PEACE, the-closest-thing-to-it-you’ll-possess,
Is IN YOUR BACK YARD, even-if-it’s a mess,
So, IF it seems a mess, then CLEAN IT UP!
- Wisdom ~The gentleman understands rightousness, the petty man understands interest.
- Seasons ~Winter forms our character and brings out our best Winter is a season of recovery and preparation Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration Of what’s new to come Winter is the time for comfort For good food and warmth For the touch of a friendly hand And for a talk beside the fire […]
- We shall see.’ ~ WAS IT A THREAT?From Poona, I went to Rajkot and Porbandar, where I had to meet my brother’s widow and other relatives. During the Satyagraha in South Africa, I had altered my style of dress to make it more in keeping with that of the indentured labourers, and in England also I had adhered to the same style […]
- SHANTINIKETAN ~ GandhiFrom Rajkot, I proceeded to Shantiniketan. The teachers and students overwhelmed me with affection. The reception was a beautiful combination of simplicity, art and love. It was here I met Kakasaheb Kalelkar for the first time. I did not know then why Kalelkar was called ‘Kakasaheb’. But I learnt later on that Sjt. Keshavrao Deshpande, […]
- Yes I am with you always, until the very end of time ~Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence. Love others as well as you love yourself.
You-MIGHT-get-a-kitten! or a-pup,
But! Even-a-pet which you SEEK to acquire,
Is never as good – as WAITING, while-The-Fire,
Subsides! FOR – They-always DO,
And, then! Mysteriously! a-pet might-come to-you,
And-The-Circumstances YOU-THOUGHT couldn’t-yield-PEACE,
Will-seem-to “smooth-out,” and, at the very-leas[t],
You’ll-have your-“familiar” set-of- familiar-chores,
Some difficult neighbors, maybe-”boring?”-labors, and familiar-stores!
AND – KNOW-WHAT’S-IN-STORE-FOR-YOU WILL-NEVER-OFFER-PEACE,
UNLESS Y O U-MAKE-PEACE-WITH-IT-ALL!
POSTNOTE: So, don’t seek for no kitten; one will come PRETTY SOON!
Just-get-cha (1) disinfectant; (2) a hopeful heart; and (3) a broom!
- – The seeming start of “another glorious week!!!!!”