Recipe of the Month: Abundance of Biscuits
Erica is our resident baker in the office. Every month when it’s a staff member’s birthday Erica puts together a beautiful creation.
She says about this recipe, “I wish I could take the credit for this recipe but it’s one of my favourite. Cheap to make and it makes a lot of cookies per batch!!” We can’t wait to try this one at home ourselves.
• 500g butter
• 1 cup of sugar
• 395g tin of sweetened condensed
• 5 cups of self raising flour
- Combine butter and sugar until creamy
- Add sweetened condensed milk and then flour
- Mix together until a smooth dough has formed
- Add any variations of things to the mix to make different flavours Suggestions:
- Choc chips
- Sultanas or dried fruit
- Shredded coconut and jam
- White choc bits, cranberries and macadamias
- Roll into small balls, line them up on a baking tray and flatten gently with your palm. Allow a bit of space for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in a moderate oven, until biscuits are golden brown. R