“PATRIOTISM!” a poem for: JULY 4, Independence Day 2019 (Thursday)
I’m about as patriotic – as a can of Campbell’s Soup,
And I’m-so-darn religious, during the sermon, I might go for-a-poop!
But!!! IF you WANT me to be religious – and that’s sure to make you happy,
Just pray to GOD, God-the-Father, and I will call Him “Pappy,”
And I will worship Uncle Sam too – and touch him on the hem,*
And say: “GOD! bless America!” AND “Fill-IT – to the brim,”
For-I’ll-be-sure-to-toast America, The Land of All That’s FREE,
Even though we-imprison – about-a-million-souls times-three,
Which, comparatively – is A LOT of folks! staying-in-jails-today;
That’s 2-to-3-million in-carcerants – “enjoying?”-a-prison-stay!
They’re-locked-right-up to-show-how-great the-business-of-crime’s-become!
It seems to me – that-MANY-offenses – are really kind-of dumb,
Not justifying, for-instance, the-petty-thief-locked-up-with-a-guy,
Who raped and killed a bunch of strangers! So, THIS-4th, perhaps-I –
Will thank some God of Freedom, and-of-course OUR UNCLE SAM,
That I AM – NOT-in-jail! like-Christians-in-Viet-NAm,
or Muslims in Guantanamo! Yeah, I’m-SURE-some-are-pretty-mean,
But! Can brutality – and torture really be-seen,
In a land that says IT tolerates – religions – and the poor?
I pray for many sad, sick folks! There-seem-to-be-more-and-more!
HAPPY 4th TO EVERYONE! I-hope-we-can-all-get-along,
And bless-one-another with-a-smile-and-a-greeting,
And- strive for-“RIGHT!” NOT-“wrong!”
- – Luke 8:43-48 English Standard Version (ESV)43 And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians,[a] she could not be healed by anyone. 44 She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased.
- Hello Friends ~
- God needs you to understands ~
- God needs you to understand ~
- Good wants you to understand ~
- God wants you to understand ~