#AceHealthReport – Aug.29: The country is in day 11 of lockdown after a single case was detected in Auckland around two weeks ago…..On Friday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced the lockdown would be extended until Tuesday next week.
#CoronavirusNewsDesk says that New Zealand’s #COVID19 outbreak continues to grow in Auckland with authorities linked the case to a traveller from Sydney who entered the country’s hotel quarantine system earlier this month.
In a media release, the department said there were now a total of 429 cases in the community outbreak, with 415 of them in Auckland and 14 in Wellington.
The Ministry said in a statement that “376 cases that have been clearly epidemiologically-linked to another case or sub-cluster, and a further 53 for which links are yet to be fully established”.
It said all of the cases were transferred to a quarantine facility where they will be cared for under strict infection control measures.
Twenty-five community transmission cases are in hospitals, with two of them in a stable condition in an intensive care unit (ICU).
Health authorities said ICU occupancy was around 58 per cent, and hospitals were managing the current outbreak well.
The Health Ministry highlighted people from Pacific communities were overrepresented in the case numbers, with 62 of the new infections detected in those people.
“Of these 82 new cases, 62 are Pacific peoples, five are Asian, four are European, two are Maori, one is Middle Eastern/Latin American/African, and the ethnicity of eight is unknown,” the statement said.
After 70 cases were found yesterday, Ms Ardern said all regions below the Auckland boundary would move to a lower alert level — alert level 3 — on August 31.
Meanwhile, Auckland, the epicentre of the current outbreak, and neighbouring Northland remain in full level 4 lockdown, possibly for another two weeks.
Potential vaccine error in Canterbury
The Health Ministry said there was an error at a vaccination centre in the Canterbury DHB area earlier this month, with 13 people potentially having received a lower dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Twelve people have been contacted to book another vaccine dose, and authorities are searching for the last person.
“No patient harm would have resulted from this occurrence, but we acknowledge this would be concerning for the people involved,” a spokesperson from the Ministry said.
“Incidents of this nature are not common but it is important each is reported and acted on.”
“DHBs and healthcare providers have systems in place to detect them when they do, including clinical oversight and strong quality assurance processes,” they said.
#AceHealthDesk report ……Published: Aug.29: 2021:
Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com