“MYSTIQUE!” a poem a.k.a.: “The Life of Mystery!” from the popular poetic series: MIM MY (Mystique In Mystery, Mucho Yummy) Wednesday: July 10, 2019
There’s only one girl, in-all-The-World, made for-me!
ONLY ONE (There-can-be-only-one!) She lives-across-The-Sea!
She lives in Her Kingdom; she’s a QUEENLY BABE,
And she lives – to LOVE — to moan, to-“outgrabe!”*
Her name is: MYSTIQUE, which-is-A-Mystery,
And her nickname’s: Miss Terry, and “The Prince” says: “Oo-wee!”
“The Duke” – and “The Earl” – and “The Duchess” all agree:
“There’s NO ONE like Terry! Miss Terry we see,
Is the embodiment of Beauty! and Hearts yearn to be,
At her dis-posal! To-serve-[her], naturally!”
If you fulfill her a wish, a blessing will attach;
You can try to serve her, but she’s a slippery catch!
Plus, her OTHER nickname’s: “Teak,” for this wood she adores,
To make her some tables and pillars and doors!
So, Miss Teak (or Miss Terry) is just called: “MISS T!”
I get MISTY-just-thinkin’-of-her, and I-might hug a tree,
IF I miss her too much, for she’s rooted to The Earth,
And has been FOREVER! SHE never had birth!
With-no-birth-[date], SHE-emerged, from a sea shell, we-are-told!
Some day I might touch-her! Yes, I-AM-so-bold,
To imagine I-might-approach – a creature so fair!
An angel? A daemon? With a-lock of her hair,
I think I’d be satisfied; I’d-just stay in my room,
And touch-her-hair-a-lot, smelling its mysterious, strange per-fume!
There’ll be a sign on my door, or, maybe-more-like-a[n]-“headstone:”
“DO NOT DISTURB! LEAVE THIS MYSTERY ALONE!”
Inside! (if you can get through) will-be-The-Crazy-Lover – of-Mystique,
Forever with her locks? magical and sleek!***
- – a term found in Lewis Carroll’s “The Jabberwocky!” Humpty Dumpty explained it to Alice one day: “What does ‘outgrabe’ mean?” “Well, ‘outgribing’ is something between bellowing and whistling, with a kind of sneeze in the middle; you’ll hear it done, maybe–down in the wood yonder–and when you’ve once heard it, you’ll be quite content. Who’s been repeating all that hard stuff to you?” “I read it in a book”, said Alice.
** – D[a]emon: a powerful spirit of universal proportions, not necessarily “evil!”
*** – A million years passed, and one day his door-did-fall! – – – and-there’s Mr. Silly Pants, 1000 Mystiques tall! – – – For he’s been cloning-each-precious-hair – to make many Terry-s, so-fair! – – – And they need to find water, across-The-Sea, over THERE!
- The WhatsApp Sign Up NightmareHello, fellow bloggers! I’ve been invited by another fellow blogger to sign up for WhatsApp and join a group there. Problem is I don’t know anything about it but only heard about it from time to time. I admit it- I’m a WhatsApp dummy. 😁 Although I’m reluctant to sign up for a slew of […]
- OopsI may have gone overboard this month with book-buying. But here’s the catch: four of these books were free! I recently completed a book review for Rowman & Littlefield, who own the Applause Books imprint for books about Broadway. They don’t remunerate with hard dollars, but they do compensate with an allowance for books from […]
- Story Teller 😁The first apple A woman ran a red traffic light and crashed into a man’s car. Both of their cars are demolished, but amazingly neither of them was hurt. After they crawled out of their cars, the woman said; “Wow, just look at our cars! There’s nothing left, but fortunately, we are unhurt. This must […]
- Impressions aren’t that important ~Trials of life determine where we stand tomorrow.😔
- Goddess ~Persephone was a goddess, the beautiful daughter of Demeter and fathered by Zeus. Abducted and seduced by Hades, she eventually became the queen of the underworld. In her earthly guise, she was venerated as the personification of spring and exalted as a deity of the fields to ensure the abundance of crops at the time […]