There’s no such thing as too much affection. If your partner complains about you choking them with too much love, that’s not your partner. You don’t just stop loving someone. You either always will, or you never did in the first place. When someone yells Stop! I don’t know whether it’s in the name of love, […]Don’t Stop
- FOUNDING OF THE ASHRAM ~ GandhiThe pilgrimage to the Kumbha fair was my second visit to Hardvar. The Satyagraha Ashram was founded on the 25th of May, 1915. Sharddhanandji wanted me to settle in Hardvar. Some of my Calcutta friends recommended Vaidyanathadham. Others strongly urged me to choose Rajkot. But when I happened to pass through Ahmedabad, many friends pressed […]
- ON THE ANVIL ~ GandhiThe Ashram had been in existence only a few months when we were put to a test such as I had scarcely expected. I received a letter from Amritlal Thakkar to this effect: ‘A humble and honest untouchable family is desirous of joining your Ashram. Will you accept them?’ I was perturbed. I had never […]
- ABOLITION OF INDENTURED EMIGRATION ~ GandhiWe shall, for a moment, take leave of the Ashram, which in the very beginning had to weather internal and external storms, and briefly advert to a matter that engaged my attention. Indentured labourers were those who had emigrated from India to labour under an indenture for five years or less. Under the Smuts-Gandhi settlement […]
- Thought of the moment by Kindness ~If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re mis-informed.
- God needs you to understand ~