St George’s Church was built in the village in 1352 but had largely been abandoned by the living since 1968 when the roof collapsed during a funeral.
Many people were convinced the place was haunted and opted to leave it to the elements instead of going inside.
In 2012, local resident and volunteer caretaker Petr Koukl wanted to raise the funds to repair it but wasn’t sure how to do it.
He enlisted the help of student Jakub Hadrava who created the installation as his thesis for art college.
He created plaster models of real people then covered them with sheets before placing them in the church.