#AceNewsReport – May.01: The ACT Supreme Court today heard that Newby, now 27, stabbed Mr Prineas 37 times while he was on a Tinder date with the woman Newby had dated:
Jayscen Anthony Newby stabbed Frankie Prineas almost 40 times when he found him in woman’s Charnwood home: According to the statement of facts tendered in court, Newby had been on a night out with friends in Civic before catching a taxi to the woman’s home in Charnwood just after 1:00am on January 11, 2020.
updated 1h ago
Newby let himself into the home and, upon hearing noises coming from the bedroom, picked up a knife with a 25cm blade from the kitchen.
“The offender made his way toward [the] bedroom, opened the bedroom door and turned the light on,” the facts state.
“The offender was angry and was holding the knife.”
Newby began slashing a naked Mr Prineas, who had only met the woman for the first time that night.
An autopsy later revealed Mr Prineas sustained 37 stab wounds to his head, neck, chest, arms and leg during the attack.
“The offender stopped the attack, dropped the knife on the bedroom floor and left the room,” the facts state.
“He had not said anything during the incident.”
The documents state that, immediately after being stabbed, Mr Prineas was still conscious but bleeding heavily and struggling to speak.
He told the woman that he could not breathe.
An ambulance arrived at the home about 1:30am and took him to Canberra Hospital, where he died shortly after.
After leaving the house, Newby drove to his mother’s home where he confessed to her, saying he had found the woman “screwing some guy” and that he “got him with a knife”.
The statement of facts also revealed Newby told two friends that day he had stabbed Mr Prineas a number of times.
Newby handed himself into police that afternoon, and was charged with Mr Prineas’s murder.
He pleaded guilty to the murder in January.
Parents plea to ‘stop this happening’ again
Outside the Supreme Court today, the victim’s father, Victor Prineas, said he and his wife did not want sympathy but justice for their son.
“Frankie will never have a family of his own, he has lost 50 to 60 years of his life,” Mr Prineas said.
“There is no more disgusting act than to take another person’s life in the manner that he did.
“His last hours will haunt us forever – completely caught by surprise, imagine for a moment the terror and pain that he went through.”
Mr Prineas said he hoped Newby’s sentencing would be harsh enough to deter others from committing these crimes.
“We need to deter this from happening to our community and stop this pain and suffering happening to other families like ours,” he said.
“There were many murders in Canberra last year. My wife and I would like to say to the parents and siblings of these victims, we think of you, we know what you’re going through. We truly feel for you.
“Tolerate this and it will happen to more families and more children in our community.”
Newby will be sentenced on June 2.
#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: May.01: 2021:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com