“PHIL CAME TO VISIT SUNDAY!” a poem August 18, 2019 (Sunday)
He came over to visit just this afternoon!
My buddy Phil! Good ol’ Phil! He’s really quite “the loon!”
“Phil” means LOVE, and he knows-a-lot!
About-“love,” I guess! Here’s-some-of-what Phil’s taught:
* Romance dies out very soon!
* There’s only a temporary phenomenon of “flying over The Moon!”
* The only “unions” that last – are just two people accepting a dull routine!
* & – All “loving” couples separate pretty quickly; they get lazy or mean!
“Well, thanks, there, Phil, for reminding me again,
That HAPPY-is-a myth; your thoughts? are-going-IN-THE-BIN!
Yeah, Phil, I know – Appearances seem to substantiate every bloody thing you say;
However, I STILL DON’T BELIEVE IT! AND – I don’t believe much of anything else I might hear about today!
I DON’T BELIEVE: in Romance Novels, but I like the fire and steam;
Nor-in Medical Technology! It makes me wanna scream!
I don’t believe THERE’S NO – pot of gold over The Rainbow;
And I don’t believe THERE AREN’T “Silver Linings” in clouds that show!
I believe I LOVE YOU, Phil, but I don’t love your point of view;
And I think when I pour my gold on the clouds – MY TRUE-LOVE’S-inside-there too!”
“Well, that’s JUST STUPID,” said Phil, after I “said my peace!”
“Phil,” I said; “Good buddy – do you think your pessimism will ever cease!?”
“Heck, NO!” said Phil; “Besides, I-don’t want love or a lover,
I just want peace and quiet, a house – and a car that I can cover,
To protect it from the sun and rain, and I wanna live out my life with ease!”
I cried a little when Phil left the house – and I got down on my knees,
And I thanked LIFE for my wonderful family and a girl I’m crazy for!
And for PHIL, I thought: “Each-day, you-know I love him more and more!”
- “HABITS CAN MAKE HEAVEN HEAVENLY.” a poem October 14, 2019 (Monday)
- Request Big Boy 😋
- SALVATION?” a poem October 14, 2019 (Monday)
- “TAKING A STAND?” a poem 14 Oct 2019 [Monday]
- Home Based Business 👔