“THE CLUB!” a poem 16 August 2019 (Friday)
Welcome to: HOME! Welcome-to-CLUB!
Everyone’s welcome! Blub! Blub! Blub!
(Everyone here seems-to-be “going down fast!)
We’re all pretty sure – nothing-“good” will-ever-last!
There’s way too much stress, and we’re trying to cope;
We-try-to-be-“uplifting,” but mostly mope!
We put on a smile – and-say: “We trust in God!!!” a-lot;
A bunch of us have moved to Colorado! to smoke continuous “pot!”
Yet! POT MAY NOT “DO IT,” for-something-else-is-liable-to-arise!
Most of us sit around:
(select one or more): THE OFFICE! THE HOME! ANYWHERE! & cries!
We’re-the “Things-Are-Out-Of-Hand-Club,” and NOTHING’S WRONG?!
OR – We just can’t put our finger on it! We’re-seeking-a-happy-song!
We’re plotting strategies!? Here are a few-oo:
(1) You may not be thirsty, BUT – water-still-may-be-good-for-you,
So, you might wanna drink water regularly each day!*
(2) “Even if you’re not too hungry at breakfast time, eat something!” I say,
But you needn’t force or gorge yourself much!
(3) If-you’re-tired, you might-just skip-exercise! AND-NAP, to-get-in-touch,
With that still, small voice – within your soul;
(4) Holding it in all the time can take its toll;
(5) IF you’re SUDDENLY feeling A LITTLE better, don’t over-do it,
(6) And-that-room-cleaning-you’ve-put-off-for-a-while, you could try-&-get-a-round-tuit;
(7) (But mainly) Try to be a little easy in your life;
I KNOW! That maybe seems next-to-impossible, Dears, but “I’fe,
Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Rain,
And NOBODY-KEEPS-GOING-TOO-WELL WITH-TOO-MUCH-STRAIN,
So EASY, EASY (believe-it-or-not) WE’RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT,
And IF WE CO-OPERATE (EVEN) A BIT, WE’LL MAYBE STAY AFLOAT!
The “THINGS-ARE-OUT-OF-HAND-CLUB” was made for you-and-me,
To-realize-that most-of-us-are-overstressing, and-it’s-OK-to-take-it-eas-sy,
And take a few hours (or a day) off, IF YOU CAN,
(8) & BREATHE! Inhale and exhale: It’s the “main responsibility” of man,
And – woman too – and Animals, they’re usually pretty smart:
THEY EAT AND POOP AND SING AND DANCE, and-live-life-as-“AN-ART!”
- 🙂 – You say that pretty often, don’t you?
- Enjoy Poetry over the Holidays 🤗INSCRIBED WITH ALL FAITH AND AFFECTION To all the little children: — The happy ones; and sad ones;The sober and the silent ones; the boisterous and glad ones;The good ones — Yes, the good ones, too; and all the lovely bad ones. Little Orphant Annie’s come to our house to stay,An’ wash the cups an’ […]
- Dolls and little GirlsThere! little girl; don’t cry!They have broken your doll, I know;And your tea-set blue,And your play-house, too,Are things of the long ago;But childish troubles will soon pass by. —There! little girl; don’t cry! There! little girl; don’t cry!They have broken your slate, I know;And the glad, wild waysOf your schoolgirl daysAre things of the long […]
- Of woody pathways winding endlesslyA barefoot boy! I mark him at his play — For May is here once more, and so is he, — His dusty trousers, rolled half to the knee,And his bare ankles grimy, too, as they:Cross-hatchings of the nettle, in array Of feverish stripes, hint vividly to me Of woody pathways winding endlesslyAlong the creek, […]
- She has one good bumblebee
which she leads about town
on a leash of clover.She has one good bumblebeewhich she leads about townon a leash of clover.It’s as big as a Saint Bernardbut also extremely fragile.People want to pet its long, shaggy coat.These would be mostly whirling dervishesout shopping for accessories.When Lily winks they understand everything,right down to the particleof a butterfly’s wing lodgedin her last good eye,so the […]
- In my secret room, plans are hatched: we’ll explore the Smoky Mountains.I take the long walk up the staircase to my secret room.Today’s big news: they found Amelia Earhart’s shoe, size 9.1992: Charlie Christian is bebopping at Minton’s in 1941.Today, the Presidential primaries have failed us once again.We’ll look for our excitement elsewhere, in the last snowthat is falling, in tomorrow’s Gospel Concert in Springfield.It’s a […]