“MYSTIQUE!” a poem a.k.a.: “The Life of Mystery!” from the popular poetic series: MIM MY (Mystique In Mystery, Mucho Yummy) Wednesday: July 10, 2019
There’s only one girl, in-all-The-World, made for-me!
ONLY ONE (There-can-be-only-one!) She lives-across-The-Sea!
She lives in Her Kingdom; she’s a QUEENLY BABE,
And she lives – to LOVE — to moan, to-“outgrabe!”*
Her name is: MYSTIQUE, which-is-A-Mystery,
And her nickname’s: Miss Terry, and “The Prince” says: “Oo-wee!”
“The Duke” – and “The Earl” – and “The Duchess” all agree:
“There’s NO ONE like Terry! Miss Terry we see,
Is the embodiment of Beauty! and Hearts yearn to be,
At her dis-posal! To-serve-[her], naturally!”
If you fulfill her a wish, a blessing will attach;
You can try to serve her, but she’s a slippery catch!
Plus, her OTHER nickname’s: “Teak,” for this wood she adores,
To make her some tables and pillars and doors!
So, Miss Teak (or Miss Terry) is just called: “MISS T!”
I get MISTY-just-thinkin’-of-her, and I-might hug a tree,
IF I miss her too much, for she’s rooted to The Earth,
And has been FOREVER! SHE never had birth!
With-no-birth-[date], SHE-emerged, from a sea shell, we-are-told!
Some day I might touch-her! Yes, I-AM-so-bold,
To imagine I-might-approach – a creature so fair!
An angel? A daemon? With a-lock of her hair,
I think I’d be satisfied; I’d-just stay in my room,
And touch-her-hair-a-lot, smelling its mysterious, strange per-fume!
There’ll be a sign on my door, or, maybe-more-like-a[n]-“headstone:”
“DO NOT DISTURB! LEAVE THIS MYSTERY ALONE!”
Inside! (if you can get through) will-be-The-Crazy-Lover – of-Mystique,
Forever with her locks? magical and sleek!***
- – a term found in Lewis Carroll’s “The Jabberwocky!” Humpty Dumpty explained it to Alice one day: “What does ‘outgrabe’ mean?” “Well, ‘outgribing’ is something between bellowing and whistling, with a kind of sneeze in the middle; you’ll hear it done, maybe–down in the wood yonder–and when you’ve once heard it, you’ll be quite content. Who’s been repeating all that hard stuff to you?” “I read it in a book”, said Alice.
** – D[a]emon: a powerful spirit of universal proportions, not necessarily “evil!”
*** – A million years passed, and one day his door-did-fall! – – – and-there’s Mr. Silly Pants, 1000 Mystiques tall! – – – For he’s been cloning-each-precious-hair – to make many Terry-s, so-fair! – – – And they need to find water, across-The-Sea, over THERE!
- Monsters under your bed ~"IF YOU FIND THEM!" a poem a.k.a.: "Integration!" July 15, 2019: Monday IF you check-for and-find MONSTERS! under-your-bed, Remember: You are just – gazing INTO YOUR HEAD! For, whatever "terrors" you might see, Are-already RESIDING-THERE, inside of Thee! So, here's some-hopefully – acceptable advice! Just crawl under your bed (Don't think twice!) And make FRIENDS … Read More
- Nuns~"SHE!' a poem about: AFTER The Musical "Nunsense!" July 15, 2019 (Monday) As-we-left-Sul-Ross'-PLAY-ground, a-spectator-commented-there: "THAT! WAS- SUCH-NUNSENSE, [for] – BOTULISM*-would-never-dare, To-take-any-of-OUR-NUNS! For, she-was-Catholic, with FAITH-T'-SPARE! [I overheard this comment, AS NUNS PO(o)URED-out-into-The-SUL-try-Evening-Air!] It seems-as-if the girls (THE GIRLS! – from the Play) Had undressed! (and-were-coming-to-greet-us!**) LET-US PRAY: "Lord, Oh-Lord – of Heaven above, How-can-such-"pigeons" exist-[with]in-Your-Love?" … Read More
- Respect ~"RESPECT LOST; RESPECT RE-GAINED!" a poem a.k.a.: "Just Ask Around!" in the series: "Mr. Hip (Trump) Goes To Town!" 15 July 2019 (Moon-day) Yes, THE WORLD really LOST respect for [the] US[A.], when George W. was "in;" For-8 LONG YEARS – we-had-to-deal with-his goofy, "Frat-House" grin! He wasn't that smart, BUT – he wasn't a … Read More
- Mildura ~ Australia ~ Don’t go there for a holidaySitting on the shores of the muddy, toxic-algae-filled Murray River and tucked just inside the Victorian border, Mildura owes its existence to an irrigation experiment that transformed it from an arid wasteland into a soggy wasteland that grows fruit. The city’s horticultural heritage is reflected in the names of its streets including Orange Avenue, Lemon … Read More
- So funny ~Making a baby. This is hilarious! There is not one dirty word in it, and it is funny!– The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, 'Well, I'm … Read More