“CONNIVING MALARKEY!” a poem July 24, 2019 (Wednesday) in the series: “Give It Up 4 Lent!”
I looketh-ED within – and what! doth I see?
CONNIVING MALARKEY! in-both-you-and-me
NO! It’s-not-eth-“BAD,” as The Bible-th might say,
Nor is it “GOOD,” in-the “and-God-saw-that-it-was-good” way!
It is what it is! just: “Malar-KEY,”
Which-means: “meaningless-chatter,” carried-on end-less -LY!
And, it’s-“conniving,” for It’s-looking -for-“The-Loophole,”
Something! Maybe-“immoral,” but-it-involves-a-“clever”-GOAL!
It’s VERY “Trump”-ish, Donald! and-controlling;
It’s like some people, who-are always-out-“patrolling,”
The LANDSCAPE, seek,ing – something-to-NOT-condone;
It’s-something-like: “being-1st-Mate,” a l a* Captain Hook!
Now, CAPTAIN-HOOK! He-CAN-BE MALE – OR (maybe) NOT;
Captain Hook, me-thinks, keeps-a-cargo of-“good-pot,”
And – exotic spices – to tease your senses;
CONNIVING MALARKISTS! like-to-straddle-fences!
And-then – jump-right-back-on – and-act-so-darn-demure,
Hoping no one notices: IT-WAS: THE ERRANT FENCE SITTER,
Who-is REALLY! Really! just -a-conniving-crit-ter!
Of-course, we’re-ALL-connivers, although-some-take-it-to-“The-Max,”
Like: (1) I. R. S. officials, who manipulate the tax;
(2) And guards at Guantanamo-Bay, who in-the-cellar-have-“racks;”
(3) And women who-seek-Tranquility! Getting-others-to-work, so-they-can-re-lax;
(4) And Army Generals, Presidents, Judges-&-Medical Specialists, who-all-like-to-engage-in-“constructive” “sneak-attacks!”
- – in the manner of:
- Little Harry"I do not like to go to bed,"Sleepy little Harry said;"Go, naughty Betty, go away,I will not come at all, I say! " Oh, silly child! what is he saying?As if he could be always playing!Then, Betty, you must come and carryThis very foolish little Harry. The little birds are better taught,They go to roosting … Read more
- FoundWe all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us … Read more
- JesusHear me, O God!A broken heartIs my best part.Use still thy rod,That I may proveTherein thy Love. If thou hadst notBeen stern to me,But left me free,I had forgotMyself and thee. For sin's so sweet,As minds ill-bentRarely repent,Until they meetTheir punishment. Who more can craveThan thou hast done?That gav'st a Son,To free a slave,First made … Read more
- Tomorrow My LoveGood night, whisper quietly waves, Take your misery away with them. Good night, my dear friend, And tomorrow we will meet you again! Tomorrow ❤️ https://youtu.be/cr5kcR78lGQ Shalom 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️
- Precious BelovedMy, beloved in deep sorrow I want to say, We mean a lot to each other, and it's hard to watch you suffer Always so tender, yet revered in spirit Sometimes you are super naughty, you just won't be stopped! My previous so dear, on this day you are perfect just the way you are … Read more
- My Sweet LoveMy sweet and tender love I was so waiting for you to come to me, Let with hatred for you come someone, But you take me into the world of love. Give joy and bring hope, I'll never find you a replacement, Let there be no relationship as before, But Darling more life I love. … Read more
- Fairy Tale DreamDream ❤️ The night has come down on the wings of the And the dream spins silently at the door I wish you had a dream in a dream How this world is getting brighter. And that the dream of your beautiful fairy tale It will fill the heart of peace and kindness And in … Read more
- Deliciously RipeThe ripest peach is highest on the tree –And so her love, beyond the reach of me,Is dearest in my sight. Sweet breezes, bowHer heart down to me where I worship now! She looms aloft where every eye may seeThe ripest peach is highest on the tree.Such fruitage as her love I know, alas!I may … Read more
- Beauty 🕯🕯Beauty is in the holder of the Heart ❤️
- Taken by the oceans of lust With you, I wander in reveries, With you, the peace of the world I find, With you, I am a word in poems, And in insertions, with you I aspire! With you, I get tired in the blue nights, And all with you, my eyes close, With you, I am in our longings, With you, … Read more
- Artist Karl Bryullov – The legend of love and madnessArtist Karl Bryullov – The legend of love and madness The legend of love and madness – Anisia – was a servant to the wife of Prince – Pedro – the heir to the throne who fell in love with her, and after the death of his wife, he joined him and gave birth to … Read more
- AbsenceNothing like anything, and no one makes up for anyone's absence, our different things if they are lost, have no alternative! To feel nothing To hide in misery Is there no shame Living in denial Great sorrow Is the absence of love your living hell Absence 🕯️ Shalom https://youtu.be/xhpRiLV6QIg kindness prayers for all those who … Read more
- Broken Soul ~ Carer Role 🕯️Relationships may become one-sided because people with anxiety and or depression are sometimes so focused on their own problems that they may have nothing left to give to a relationship.Social relationships may also change. The response or lack of response you get from friends and family members may be surprising or hurtful. This may be … Read more
- Button 🔵Izzy, loved Buttons 🔵 so much so that Buttons 🔵 Ruled her life with thoughts of Buttons 🔵 Even collect Boxes of Buttons 🔵 Tins of Buttons Learnt to count buttons 🔵 with here toes Even toys had buttons 🔵 so she stored every Buttom in Her Box She was dazzling in Buttons 🔵 And … Read more
- Let us rest ourselves a bit!What delightful hosts are they Life and Love! Lingeringly I turn away, This late hour, yet glad enough They have not withheld from me Their high hospitality. So, with face lit with delight And all gratitude, I stay Yet to press their hands and say, So fine a time! We had planned Drank raspberry 🍇 … Read more
- Dr. Martin Luther KingToday we pause to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The activist and minister was a moral, spiritual, and political pioneer of the civil rights movement. From his leadership on the Montgomery bus boycott, to his Letter from Birmingham Jail, to his “I Have a Dream” speech, Dr. King’s words and actions inspire those struggling … Read more
- DiamondsDiamond of 140,64 carats, exceptionally pure water and perfect size, the regent is considered one of the most beautiful diamonds in the world. Discovered in 1698 in the region of golconda (India), it was acquired in 1701 by Thomas Pitt, Governor of Madras Fort, who had him cut in London by Joseph cope between 1703 … Read more
- My Dream LoverI am a dream which you long to hold in your hands, always seen to be strong, but deep inside me, I hide a fragility, you only get to see the sunshine, not the clouds behind it. I choose to suffer in silence but am always there to greet you with my vibrant smile, no … Read more
- Whispering tearsLove and desire are two different things, because not everything that is loved is wanted, nor everything that is wanted is loved Whispers tears Whispering Tears https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDSkZx5YEZzII Sacrifice 💔
- Sorrow 💔Only the sky knows the reason Why the clouds did not rain All you have to do Just lift yourself above the horizon and see every Clouds have silver lining Loving you was lovely Torn between heaven and earth Loving you was bliss Sorrow Nights are only a distant memory Slithers of class cut Sorry … Read more
- French Wine KissesAnd the night is beautiful and tender, Like the petals of an immortal rose, As the taste of French wine And, as in the eyes of happiness tears… And the light of its distant stars, As if, timidly inviting, To a distant world of dreams and dreams, It flickers mysteriously. Kisses of French 🍇 Wine … Read more
- Golden KissesLet you dream pink dreams, and the night will be calm and pleasant, Let everything be easy in the Kingdom of stars and the gentle moon, simple and clear. Let the good and fairy-tale night Wrap itself in peace, silence, Banish vanity, fatigue away And take Morpheus with it to the world. I wish you … Read more