14 II. trying to suppress, those so-called evil emotions or conditions, that, basically, everyone & everything seems to abhor and wish to destroy. It’s the tiniest bit of hope at the bottom of Pandora’s Box, but IT IS HOPE . . . the thing is, is it “false hope,” i.e.: just myself – teasing myself . . . or, is any form of hope real or true(?) You just can not live to awaken; you must live to live . . . & again this brings things full circle . . . I AM manifest (it appears); thus, AM I not here to, as Alan Watts said, USE ENERGY JOYFULLY(?) . . . in other words, apply my “talents” . . . develop and grow, but wish no Ulterior Motive. “Find Your Joy:” . . . it’s a seemingly trite, simplistic phrase, but, if you can find some real joy & apply it truly; be that joy . . . that seems, really, to be the only truly spiritual mode of living, but I can’t do it to get better . . . ain’t my writing in this little house just writing to get better . . . or to get out or get Away . . . I think so . . . this position must drop, but (I) can not drop it & think THAT is but another strategy, another game. WHAT A COSMIC JOKE. Like the sayings go: do not the great, the realized sages . . . when they suddenly find themselves in a position to do anything, they know everything’s fine, and they don’t have to do anything. WHAT’S REALLY JOYFUL HAS JUST GOT TO BE SOMETHING THAT IS S U P E R EASY, doesn’t it(?) I don’t think I’ve ever found anything that’s super easy . . . I found some things that others say I’m good at . . . but none of them are super easy . . . Q(uestion): Can I look for something that’s super easy? . . . but isn’t that Doing again . . . so I guess, it’s just got to occur to you . . . or even more simply, just fall in your lap . . . Even the subtlest effort is doing!! Including this writing too, isn’t that true? Wow, this is frustrating . . . is it also useless?
Medical Disclaimer. Please use all information regarding “THE CONTENTED HEART,” a.k.a.: “Diary of a Madman,” anyway you wish! IF it is helpful to/for you, comforting or inspiring in anyway, THAT is our INTENTION. We are offering NO MEDICAL ADVICE, and we are NOT doctors, simply “fellow travelers,” also fragile humans, hoping for happiness for everyone, especially YOU! We make no representation and assume no responsibility for the accuracy of what is presented, although we feel we ARE our “brothers’ keepers,” we are all connected and the only sanity we perceive in life is to love and be loved. Shalom, Peace, Namaste & Love to Thee. 🙂
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
1. The first German serviceman killed in WW II was killed by the Japanese ( China 1937), The first American serviceman killed was killed by the Russians (Finland 1940)
The highest ranking American killed was Lt Gen Lesley McNair killed by the US Army Air Corps.
2. The youngest US serviceman was12 year old Calvin Graham, USN. He was wounded and given a Dishonourable Discharge for lying about his age. His benefits were later restored by act of Congress.
3. At the time of Pearl Harbor, the top US Navy command was called CINCUS (pronounced ‘sink us’) the shoulder patch of the US Army’s 45th Infantry division was the swastika. Hitler’s private train was named ‘America.’ All three were soon changed for PR purposes.
4. More US servicemen died in the Air Corps than the Marine Corps. While completing the required 30 missions an airman’s chance of being killed was 71%.
5. Generally speaking, there was no such thing as an average fighter pilot. You were either an ace or a target. For instance, Japanese Ace Hiroyoshi Nishizawa shot down over 80 planes. He died while a passenger on a cargo plane.
6. It was a common practice on fighter planes to load every 5th round with a tracer round to aid in aiming. This was a big mistake. Tracers had different Ballistics so (at long range) if your tracers were hitting the target 80% of your rounds were missing. Worse yet tracers instantly told your enemy he was under fire and from which direction. Worst of all was the practice of loading a string of tracers at the end of the belt to tell you that you were out of ammo. This was definitely not something you wanted to tell the enemy. Units that stopped using tracers saw their success rate nearly double and their loss rate go down.
Note. In Vietnam, machine gun belts of 7.62 rounds were used with a tracer every sixth round. No lessons learnt from WW2)
7. When allied armies reached the Rhine, the first thing men did was pee in it. This was pretty universal from the lowest private to Winston Churchill (who made a big show of it) and Gen. Patton had himself photographed in the act.
8. German ME-264 bombers were capable of bombing New York City , but they decided it wasn’t worth the effort.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_264
9. German submarine U-120 was sunk by a malfunctioning toilet.
10. Among the first ‘Germans’ captured at Normandy were several Koreans. They had been forced to fight for the Japanese Army until they were captured by the Russians and forced to fight for the Russian Army until they were captured by the Germans and forced to fight for the German Army until they were captured by the US Army.
11. Following a massive naval bombardment, 35,000 United States and Canadian troops stormed ashore at Kiska, in the Al eutian Islands . 21 troops were killed in the assault on the island… It could have been worse if there had actually been any Japanese on the island.
12. The last marine killed in WW2 was killed by a can of spam. He was on the ground as a POW in Japan when rescue flights dropping food and supplies came over, the package came apart in the air and a stray can of spam hit him and killed him.
We boast no more of our bloodless flag, that rose from a nation's slime; Better a shred of a deep-dyed rag from the storms of the olden time. From grander clouds in our `peaceful skies' than ever were there before I tell you the Star of the South shall rise — in the lurid clouds … Read more
Interesting that thought. I sat here mulling over these thoughts, sounds straight forward until if go over our family pedigree (?) . As I added to my family name ancestry oh my goodness me ..First I'm just a mongrel breed crossed with white, black, man made religious groups , at least now I know for … Read more
"You cannot hope to bribe or twist, thank God! the British journalist. But seeing what the man will do unbribed, there's no occasion to." — Humbert Wolfe (1886 – 1940) Federal police raid journalists' offices & homes. Whistleblowers fiercely prosecuted. Encryption laws, face-recognition technology, widespread plans to spy on citizens. You'd think a third-generation Australian … Read more
Jong Woo Son, 23, a South Korean national, was indicted by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia for his operation of Welcome To Video, the largest child sexual exploitation market by volume of content. via ICE Breaking News https://ift.tt/35FHjJ2
https://youtu.be/IBSmgPxsIcA Eyes talk better than words you knowDate someone who gives you chillsThe way he smilesThe way he through's his back in laughterWhen you look coyly downAnd that moment when he laughsI know I make him satisfied 😁 https://youtu.be/ttWQIorXJu0
"DON'T BE SCARED OF POISON OR SATAN." a poem for: Oct. 15, 2019 (Tues.) THIS IS A PLACE of death, frustrations, gradations and different forms; It might present you with poisonous, organic kale; for others, lightning storms. ONLY GOD KNOWS? (heh, heh) what's gonna GET YOU; You might even die of HEART BREAK, when your … Read more
"CENTERING PRAYER, A BUDDHIST CONSIDERATION." a poem, a.k.a.: "Being Truly Centered In The Body." 10/15/19 [Tuesday]. There was, IthinkI remember, somethingCalled a "Centering Prayer," A Buddhist meditation, which I learned "up there." I was upon A LOFTY MOUNTAIN TOP, awayFrom"[The]Din&Flurry," Of This Life's existence; it made me kind of teary. I heard THE VOICE OF … Read more
"MALICIOUS." a poem, a.k.a.: "The Shadow's Stew."* October 15, 2019 (Tuesday) Malicious Can Be Delicious, For: THE SHADOW KNOWS, Exactly what it's doing; for instance, let's suppose, Someone's filled with ANGST and wants to "get back" at you, For hurting "IT;" well, it's The Shadow, IT likes to fret and stew. The Shadow's "STEW" is … Read more
Nor was civil society founded merely to preserve the lives of its members; but that they might live well: for otherwise a state might be composed of slaves, or the animal creation… nor is it an alliance mutually to defend each other from injuries, or for a commercial intercourse. But whosoever endeavors to establish wholesome … Read more
Letter to my Husband I would do anything to be with youI want to be in your arms tonight You and I met in the most peculiar place one night And it just clicked In the most esoteric way A mouth of white chocolate melted in my mouth 👅dripping down my breasts I was mesmerised … Read more
"GETTING RID OF THE 'FEAR OF CLOWNS.' " a poem for Brandon Apodaca, Posted on October 15, 2019 (Tuesday) Brandon,* he had FEAR OF CLOWNS until he met J Jay, And then his terrible "phobia," it simply went away. It was so most remarkable thatAcLOWN, like The Mystic Poet, Could perform THIS AMAZING MIR ACLE, … Read more
"HABITS CAN MAKE HEAVEN HEAVENLY." a poem October 14, 2019 (Monday) Limerick 1: Doing oneThing all the time / Can soonBecome kind of a crime / Yes, variety'sAspice / It's[often] niceToBeNice / So, withSmiles, goodFriends, let's all climb. FallingIntoHabits, So Ea sy to do; We'reCreatures (ofHabit), &In courtrooms too, HABITS are considered (important) for a … Read more
"REQUEST OF THE BACHELOR BOY." a poem, a.k.a.: "Little Tom Needs A Mom." Oct. 14, 2019 (MoonY DaY) He made it HERE to EArth on TIME. He's NOW included inThis glorious? rhyme; His request: "CookForMe; I need a little food; Alphonse, please, a meal if you woould, For ME because 'I DON'T WANT TO;' YouClean&Cook, … Read more
"SALVATION?" a poem October 14, 2019 (Monday) The Way of The Christian, The Way of The Christian, is: FIND SOMEONE WHOM YOU MIGHT "SAVE;" It might be a "booze-y' or a Fluzzie Suzi or maybe Beloved ol' Dave. It might be: KIM, Or "Catholic Jim," Or Brian, all down in the mouth; You might "save … Read more
"TAKING A STAND?" a poem 14 Oct 2019 [Monday] Freud,* he called it EGO; it's ALWAYS waving its hand, Saying: "I don't wanna be a mess any more; help me take a stand, On my OWN TWO LEGS, I WANT TO KNOW IT ALL; I wanna HAVE IT ALL too; please, don't let me fall, … Read more
https://youtu.be/jRcfE2xxSAw Create Your Own Future There can be no great courage where there is no conﬁdence or assurance, and half the battle is in the conviction that we can do what we undertake. —Orison Swett Marden Every successful person has experienced countless temporary set- backs, obstacles, and even outright defeats, in the course of his or her life. But it has been the ability to respond positively and con- structively to these defeats and to bounce back that ultimately has assured success. This quality of bouncing rather than … Read more