“THE STONE” Sunday, February 11, 2018
The rarest jewel available was “up-for-sale” one day –
Believe-it-or-not, Fine-feathered Friends, I got it on E-bay.
It was a perfect, flawless crystal! I-got it for “a song,”
And, then, this expert gem-stone guy, well, Friends, he came along –
And magnified my prize (pause) 100 thousand times –
And THERE, My God, I saw it! A FLAW! I hate such crimes!
But this one was especially (pause) heinous in my sight –
My perfect, flawless gemstone did not reflect The Light,
With perfect, blessed radiance, and, so, I sold the stone!
I sold it to the jeweler, who left me all alone!
The way I’d been before, My Friends! Without my jeweled mate –
I used the money from the sale, to drink and stay up late.
Well, months passed by and one sad night, I noticed on E-bay,
My stone was up again for sale – the-description it did say:
“Here’s a jewel, just for you – it has the perfect GRADE,
Yet, there is IMPERFECTION, But that is how it’s made!
Without the imperfection, The Light will not get in!
The cost? Is everything you have! Just TAKE IT ON THE CHIN!”
Well-I, I called-that-“crooked appraiser,” and He-answered right away;
His shop was “Satan’s Imports;” And this is what He’d say:
“For YOU, there is no price! You’ll have to sell YOUR SOUL,
If you want your “precious” back – and-it’s-just-a-chunk-o’-coal!!
But I am holding it for you, So come and get your prize!”
I got myself real ready – “a greedy person flies!”
Away to find their “perfect” stone, To have and hold forever!
I was ready to give-it-all -’cause I’m so very clever.
When SUDDENLY THERE, at my door, a Texas Cowboy stood –
With a broad and cheeky smile – He said: “I knew you would,
Fall for Satan’s “sales pitch,” ’cause pitch forks are His trade,
But I am here to warn you, dear – mistakes, they can be made!
When people THINK they have a SOUL or need a precious thing –
It can be a temptation – Sorrow it can bring!
The only jewel, darling, flawless, (but) with a flaw,
Is simply YOU! Yes, little you – IT came from mom and pa!
When THEY conceived their little girl, with love lights in their eyes –
They made the perfect jewel! Try THIS on for size:
“PERFECT-AND-NOT, EXIST TOGETHER, IN THIS WORLD OF FLUFF, AND IT SHOULD BE SO RECOGNIZED, THIS STATE IS QUITE ENOUGH! TO KEEP YOU HAPPY AND SECURE, AND MISERABLE TO BOOT! BUT THAT’S THE WAY A HUMAN IS – NOW ISN’T THAT A HOOT!”
And, when my Texas Cowboy, got done with his fine speech,
He touched this angel on the cheek and took me to the beach,
And there we walk forever, soaking in The Sun –
I have no need for jewels! My search is finally done!
Sometimes as an Editor or just a no one like me,
(And a poorly paid Editor at that!)
A piece comes on your desk and wow, it really knocks the wind from your sails. Out of thousands of blogs.
A Major find!
That superb Author Jfesterft presents us with a brilliant composition.
Important to understand the Authors unique style is to first read then watch videos to search the secrets unfolding in this Authors works.
Uniquely, a source of dancing prisms in a CUT DIAMOND.
NO EDITING NEEDED PERFECTION. 🙄
(might not be needed here😢 anymore)
- Hoping for humble ~ Please Let Julian Assange Go Home To Australia 🇦🇺You got a friend 🕊 "HOPING FOR HUMBLE." a poem, for: Tuesday November 12, 2019. As we ready ourselves for The Terrible Impeachment Hearings, I hope people will be thorough, yet kind, gentle and somehow forgiving. I hope we all remember we are in this seeming mess together and that people will behave somewhat decently. … Read more
- If at First you Don’t Succeed"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED." a poem for: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 Jesus tried? OthersSaid: "HeFAILED;" Can you tryANDfail too? I don't think so, but whyKeepGoing anyway? Isn'tIt a stupidThing to do? Yet, WHY NOT? I think TRYING is a pretty perfect thing, And in the end, manySaid: "He's perfect," and Jesus, HE did … Read more
- “I CARE.” a poem November 11, 2019 (Veteran’s Day) MONDAY.
PEACE BE WITH YOU 💙💙💙"I CARE." a poem November 11, 2019 (Veteran's Day) MONDAY. I think I'M CURED of saying THAT; Saying: "I don't give a [blank]" because I've been at, THE RECEIVING END on one too many occasions, Hearing SAID PHRASE from even intimate relations. Piece be with you all 🕊🕊 I USED TO proudly DECLARE: "I don't … Read more
- I like you a bunch"I LIKE YOU & OTHER THINGS." a poem, November 11, 2019 (Monday, Veteran's Day) I like you; I like you; I like you A BUNCH, And one reason I like you is that YOU LIKE ME, and I also like to scrunch, Close to you and whisper: "I like you and other things," And youKNOW, … Read more
- The Anthem Of Texas~ Take Your Time 😁"PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME." a poem, a.k.a.: "The Poem I Almost Lost." Monday: No Hurry 🤣😂 November 11, 2019 Please, please, my Dear; please don't RUSH for ME; I'm not SO IMPORTANT that I've GOT TO BE EXACTING, you see; Others might see that as a fault, but I JUST LIKE KNOWING, Never hurry in … Read more