When I was a child in school as I sang the song “Let there be peace on earth” it always made me cry. Not in the “Miss America – I Want World Peace” kind of way but true deep tears. I’m not sure why this song hit me so hard as a young child but I still can’t hear it or sing it without the tears flowing.
Now as an adult I know where those tears come from. As a woman who saw more than her share of violence I think I had a justice calling from a young age, always wanting peace. So today we celebrate International Day of Peace September 21st each year.
As I think about world peace and peace issues, I am more aware than ever, peace does begin with me just like the song says. We have an obligation first in our homes to take the necessary steps of peace, reducing violence, anger and having no tolerance for abuse, then in our communities and then our state, our country and then in our world. When we work globally our statistics say the peace and a lack of terrorism is more likely where women are gainfully employed and educated.
Peace is possible but let it begin with us.
- Muses ~Methodically to impart To Psyche the poetic art; Prosaic-pure her soul remain'd. No wondrous sounds escaped her lyre E'en in the fairest Summer night; But Amor came with glance of fire,– The lesson soon was learn'd aright. 1827.* ~ A PLAN THE MUSES ENTERTAINED. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe https://youtu.be/pBxA16At2OU
- Travel diaries: S1E1: Falling In Love With Buddhismhttps://wp.me/p9UGek-Z
- Lori Lakin Hutcherson wrote this article for Good Black News. Lori is the editor-in-chief at GBN. ~ HumanityMy White Friend Asked Me on Facebook to Explain White Privilege. I Decided to Be HonestHe wanted to know how institutional racism has made an impact on my life. I’m glad he asked, because I was ready to answer. Most of what I share below is mild compared to what others in my family and … Read more
- KINDNESS ~ HumanityBE GOOD TO YOUR ENEMIES Long ago, there lived a little boy named Sammy. He was a good boy. He was good in his studies, obedient to his parents, more intelligent than many other boys in his class and kind to everyone. Grown-ups as well as those junior to Sammy loved him very much. But … Read more
- WHEN WILL THEY (ALL OF US) EVER LEARN….???WHEN WILL THEY (ALL OF US) EVER LEARN….??? Where have all the flowers gone Long time passing Where have all the flowers gone Long time ago Where have all the flowers gone Young girls picked them, every one When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn? Where have all the young girls gone … Read more
- Peacekeepers International – humanItyWhen I was a child in school as I sang the song “Let there be peace on earth” it always made me cry. Not in the “Miss America – I Want World Peace” kind of way but true deep tears. I’m not sure why this song hit me so hard as a young child … Read more
- Slipping away ~ sad thoughtsSlipping away from life What is it about life, one moment you believe the journey meant something. Then along comes that time when it crashes around you. The realisation of hurting is just to intense as you stop breathing cause you're hurting with a broken soul. Like shattered glass cutting deep, suddenly you can see … Read more
- LETTER TO MY HUSBAND 💙💙My HUSBAND is beautiful inside and out I bet he reads my blog (not really sure he does) My Mother told us kids a story long ago Oh, yeah we were rich kids Mother said “if Our Dad had no money she would live on a riverbank with Dad” Yes, I still remember those twinkling … Read more
- “Josh Groban – You Are Loved (Don’t Give Up)”~ BROKEN Soul ©https://youtu.be/I-G8IfjPAII Don't Give up Have you ever wondered why folk give up! Watch the warning signsSomeone inside perhaps retreats within themselvesSilence is seen as escapism when in fact what happens inside a living being is our message from our gut really is the bodies way of reacting to lack of water, nourishment, surviving drought or … Read more