When I was a child in school as I sang the song “Let there be peace on earth” it always made me cry. Not in the “Miss America – I Want World Peace” kind of way but true deep tears. I’m not sure why this song hit me so hard as a young child but I still can’t hear it or sing it without the tears flowing.
Now as an adult I know where those tears come from. As a woman who saw more than her share of violence I think I had a justice calling from a young age, always wanting peace. So today we celebrate International Day of Peace September 21st each year.
As I think about world peace and peace issues, I am more aware than ever, peace does begin with me just like the song says. We have an obligation first in our homes to take the necessary steps of peace, reducing violence, anger and having no tolerance for abuse, then in our communities and then our state, our country and then in our world. When we work globally our statistics say the peace and a lack of terrorism is more likely where women are gainfully employed and educated.
Peace is possible but let it begin with us.
- WHEN WILL THEY (ALL OF US) EVER LEARN….???WHEN WILL THEY (ALL OF US) EVER LEARN….??? Where have all the flowers gone Long time passing Where have all the flowers gone Long time ago Where have all the flowers gone Young girls picked them, every one When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn? Where have all the young girls gone … Read More
- Peacekeepers International – humanItyWhen I was a child in school as I sang the song “Let there be peace on earth” it always made me cry. Not in the “Miss America – I Want World Peace” kind of way but true deep tears. I’m not sure why this song hit me so hard as a young child … Read More
- Slipping away ~ sad thoughtsSlipping away from life What is it about life, one moment you believe the journey meant something. Then along comes that time when it crashes around you. The realisation of hurting is just to intense as you stop breathing cause you're hurting with a broken soul. Like shattered glass cutting deep, suddenly you can see … Read More
- LETTER TO MY HUSBAND 💙💙My HUSBAND is beautiful inside and out I bet he reads my blog (not really sure he does) My Mother told us kids a story long ago Oh, yeah we were rich kids Mother said “if Our Dad had no money she would live on a riverbank with Dad” Yes, I still remember those twinkling … Read More
- “Josh Groban – You Are Loved (Don’t Give Up)”~ BROKEN Soul ©https://youtu.be/I-G8IfjPAII Don't Give up Have you ever wondered why folk give up! Watch the warning signsSomeone inside perhaps retreats within themselvesSilence is seen as escapism when in fact what happens inside a living being is our message from our gut really is the bodies way of reacting to lack of water, nourishment, surviving drought or … Read More
- ( just like my Dad did) 💥💥💥 ~ Memories ~ told to me by my Father as a little girlUse your voice for kindness Your ears for compassion Your hands for charity Your mind for the truth And your heart for Love Never take your Lover for granted Cause you will never keep them Someone will take your place Cherish, Nuture, Listen and be happy ( just like my Dad did)
- Humanity“How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?” ― Howard Zinn
- SIN ~ versus ~ KINDNESS 🤷🏻♀️What is "Sin" perhaps that word originated by man made religion. And you know that is fact. Sin is used by "man made religion"to disguise ones guilt incurred by a lifetime of junk filled words. Sin is judgement of self and others. Sin is a cover up. Humans just need to be less judgemental. I … Read More
- Humanity at its worst 🙈When the rich rob the poor It's called business When the poor fight back It's called violence MARK TWAIN