“LITTLE MISS INNOCENT!” a poem a.k.a.: “IS!” a.k.a.: “Demolition Woman!” a.k.a.: “Sugar Rush!” a.k.a.: “The Coffee Shop of Blue[s]!” June 22, 2019 (Saturday)
“REA – lly – love me!” (pause) That-IS-what-you-said,
One fine night, in a dream in my head!
“And what does that mean?” I-might reply;
“LOVE ME ‘TIL THE DAY I DIE!”
“You mean – FOREVER?” “I don’t know!!”
Well! THAT’S-where-I-went, with-all-these-thoughts-of-YOU!
There-is COLOR-IN-YOUR-HAIR, at “The Coffee Shop of Blue!”
Life is SUCH A MYSTERY! Is-it-serious/sad?
IF-you-let-me-do-a-painting – called: “BLUE’S-MY-FAVORIT’-COLOR!”
“Yes, I REALLY love you!” That’s-what-I-could-tell-‘er!
But – REALLY-LOVING – Really! – Is-really MORE THAN WORDS!
Of course, it’s-also what YOU DO; so, here we-are: Two Birds!
We’re sipping on fine coffee, forever and a day!
“Do you REALLY love me?” “I think so!” I-might-say!
“Do you REALLY love me!” I think this is a dream!
WELL! WHAT-IS-LOVE-and-WHAT-IS-REALLY? (pause)
Addendum to “Little Miss Innocent!” [Discovering that his Beloved had changed her hair color! from BLUE to PINK inspired a last few lines, to an otherwise perfect poem!]
So, I showed up THE NEXT DAY, but your hair’s now PINK!
So much for BLUE; I-don’t-know-what-to-think!
I know!!! I-think: “Blue and Pink is Fuchsia!
Ahhh! Color-is-important, but-not-critical! That’s – minutiae!
- Monsters under your bed ~"IF YOU FIND THEM!" a poem a.k.a.: "Integration!" July 15, 2019: Monday IF you check-for and-find MONSTERS! under-your-bed, Remember: You are just – gazing INTO YOUR HEAD! For, whatever "terrors" you might see, Are-already RESIDING-THERE, inside of Thee! So, here's some-hopefully – acceptable advice! Just crawl under your bed (Don't think twice!) And make FRIENDS … Read More
- Nuns~"SHE!' a poem about: AFTER The Musical "Nunsense!" July 15, 2019 (Monday) As-we-left-Sul-Ross'-PLAY-ground, a-spectator-commented-there: "THAT! WAS- SUCH-NUNSENSE, [for] – BOTULISM*-would-never-dare, To-take-any-of-OUR-NUNS! For, she-was-Catholic, with FAITH-T'-SPARE! [I overheard this comment, AS NUNS PO(o)URED-out-into-The-SUL-try-Evening-Air!] It seems-as-if the girls (THE GIRLS! – from the Play) Had undressed! (and-were-coming-to-greet-us!**) LET-US PRAY: "Lord, Oh-Lord – of Heaven above, How-can-such-"pigeons" exist-[with]in-Your-Love?" … Read More
- Respect ~"RESPECT LOST; RESPECT RE-GAINED!" a poem a.k.a.: "Just Ask Around!" in the series: "Mr. Hip (Trump) Goes To Town!" 15 July 2019 (Moon-day) Yes, THE WORLD really LOST respect for [the] US[A.], when George W. was "in;" For-8 LONG YEARS – we-had-to-deal with-his goofy, "Frat-House" grin! He wasn't that smart, BUT – he wasn't a … Read More
- Mildura ~ Australia ~ Don’t go there for a holidaySitting on the shores of the muddy, toxic-algae-filled Murray River and tucked just inside the Victorian border, Mildura owes its existence to an irrigation experiment that transformed it from an arid wasteland into a soggy wasteland that grows fruit. The city’s horticultural heritage is reflected in the names of its streets including Orange Avenue, Lemon … Read More
- So funny ~Making a baby. This is hilarious! There is not one dirty word in it, and it is funny!– The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, 'Well, I'm … Read More