“FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTENT!” a poem 1 June 2019 (Saturday)
I got me, I got me a favorit’-t-shirt, a-couple-holes ‘n-thread-worn,
But, if I ever lost it, I’m pretty sure I would probably whimper-&-mourn!
I got me, I got me the sweetest girl! for-sure, my friend for life,
But, O.M.G.-that-girl-can-b-t-h; she-keeps-sayin’: “Make-me-your-wife!”
I got me, I got me a-beat-up-old car; it’s a hundred-years-old, or-so,
But I just keep on a-driving it – 350,00-miles-already, don’t-you-know,
For, as long as it keeps on goin’, with repairs that aren’t too much,
I have no monthly payments – like-my-friends, who-pay-a-bunch,
Each month – for monthly payments, plus-their-cars-also-need-repair!
New cars, like old cars – can-sometimes-make-you-tear-your-hair,
OUT! So, it-might-be-good-to STAY-WITH-“IT,” whatever that IT may be!
IT-might-be-“old,” but-don’t-deserve-to-be-sold – just-like-my-ancient-TV!
I got me, I got me a fabulous wife! Remember my girl friend?
Well, SHE TRICKED ME! Got-herself-pregnant; so, we married “in the end!”
And-now: She’s a hundred times more b-t-h-y; she-yells-&-screams, ’til I CRY:
“Yes, my Love! Whatever-you-want; I’m-your sub-missive, but,
UNLIKE my-[frequently]-car-changing-friends, I’LL-STICK-VERY-CLOSE-TO-HER,
Because [The Moral]: Familiarity-for-me’s-comfortable!
Even-with-a blood-thirsty-cur! 🙂 – Yay! I’M USED TO IT! Woof!
- Finding Kindness ~
- Me Smarty Pants ~
- “A PLACE OF OPPOSITES.” a poem for: Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Maxfield Parrish, “Sleeping beauty in the wood”, 1912.
- American HISTORY ~ Jessie Don Knotts brought Barney Fife to life
- “The Young Sorceress” by Antoine Wiertz, c. 1857.
- You’re So Pretty ~
- The Lost and Found Department ~
- Painted Bodies ~
- Autumn Trousseau ~
- “KINDNESS 2” a poem a.k.a.: “Before They Wed, She Smiled and Said: HE’S VERY KIND INDEED.” September 16 2019 (MoonDay)
- Secret Love ~
- A brand new Android phone you can’t buy is as close as we’ve seen to a perfect design – BGR
- Kindness ~
- The importance of reading
- Elon Musk ~
- “DON’T LET MY PEOPLE (or John Bolton) GO” a poem written on the 10th of this month, but posted: September 15, 2019 (Sunday)
- Humility ~
- Jesus Message ~ Luke Le Bree
- “KIDNAPPED IN MEXICO” a poem September 15, 2019 [SUN? DAY]
- Life and death~
- Humbled ~