“JOHN WICK! ANOTHER CHAPTER! THIS TIME, IN THE GROCERY STORE!” a poem, for Sunday, June 16, 2019
With-2-miles-to-go – and-not-much-gas, you-know: His-car’s-battered-&-smashed-and
With his dog with NO NAME – and-no list in his pocket,
He’s focused and ready! Come-on, friends! Let’s-“clock-it:”
He-gets-THERE, screeching-tires, [with] 7 minutes to go,
And-RACES-TO-THE-OUTSIDE-DOOR! “No dogs, John! You know,”
Says-“the-bouncer,” so-John’s-WITHOUT! The-Dog-with-No-Name,
But, I mean, IT’S JOHN WICK, so-it’s-just-more-of-The-Same:
“HAPPY-HUNTING-and-thanks-for-shopping! with-us, Mr. Wick, ”
Says The Grocer! (with the dog at the door), and the clock goes: Tick!-Tick!
And, in-no-time-at-all: “Please-make-selections! (pause) FINAL! NOW!”
And-there-is-John-Wick, who-believe-it-or-not some how,
Has a push cart, filled-up! with a variety of food;
I’m telling you, Sport Fans, NO ONE ELSE – REALLY COU(o)LD,
Get-THAT-MUCH-FOOD – so clever-ly and so FAST,
And he’s got-enough-there – for-a-week-at-least TO LAST!
He-got-it-ALL, this-FOCUSED-guy, with seconds to spare!
And WE are SO HAPPY! He’s-got REAL GOOD HAIR, *
But SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED! For, his dog is now lost,
So, his “volcano” erupts! and-all-his-groceries-he’s-tossed,
And he starts to subdue – The Grocers! Checkers! and- “ALL –
Of the last minute shoppers!” Yes, they all take “a fal1”
Some get shot! knifed! and- many! Terribly-a-bused,
And, of-course, JOHN WICK IS BLOODY! and He’s NOT amused!
“That dog’s ALL I HAVE – to remember my dead wife;
She was the pride and the joy of my life!
And NOW! YOU PEOPLE – have negligently lost my dog,
Which I’M SURE I’LL NEVER SEE AGAIN!” John! Please-remove-“the-log –
From-your-eye,” ‘fore complaining-about-“the-splinter” – in-your-precious-doggie’s-paw!
Anyway! Everyone’s DOWN! or DEAD! and – a slow-walking grampa,
Brings the dog back, with this a-po-lo-gy:
“I’m-sorry! I-borrowed-him! for my poor, dear Grand-Son-ny,
Who loves dogs! and-HE’S-CRIPPLED! So, I took your dog to the car for a pet,
From my precious, dying grandson ‘Neo!’ Is the grocery store clos-ED yet?”
“The store’s OPEN FOR YOU!” says John Wick, his eyes filled with glee,
And – it’s now VERY PEACEFUL, and the groceries are free!”
“NO! THEY’RE-NOT!” says Grampa, who-suddenly-turns-out-to-be-a-“superior”-agent-double:
“THERE ARE RULES that-must-be-kept! like: ‘fair payment,’ so you’re in trouble,
Which means [that] you have to – go on ANOTHER MISSION, just down the street;
Get to The Sonic Drive-in (BEFORE closing)! We all need – dead corn dogs to eat!
AND (also) CLEAN UP THIS MESS! for your contract has a clause,
Leave it THE WAY IT WAS!”
So, [yeah!] a moral! of this story:
DON’T MESS! (AND THIS-AIN’T-NO-LIE!)
WITH AN OVERSENSITIVE DOG-LOVING GUY,
WHO CAN BEAT YOU ALL UP! & NEVER ASKS WHY!
AND WILL N E V E R , EVER – LEARN TO CRY!
AND HAS A LOG, THE SIZE OF NEW YORK CITY, JAMMED IN HIS EYE!
AND JUST WANTS “TO QUIT!” BUT, NO-MATTER-HOW HARD HE’LL TRY,
HE CAN’T QUITE SUCCEED – TO JUST SAY: “BYE! BYE,”
TO THE ASSASSINATION BUSINESS! PROFITABLE SEQUELS NEVER DIE!**
- – or: “as he stares OVER THERE!”
** – We are looking at CHAPTER 4! Release date? May 21, 2021! 🙂 – Yay!
- TRUTH ~O my dear friends it has become clear that we are on the threshold of one ot the greatest happenings to take place in our lives, no wait it is here and already preparing you. You are awakening to truth and it is unlimited in what you will experience, for its in every direction as … Read more
- LETTER TO MY HUSBAND 💙💙My HUSBAND is beautiful inside and out I bet he reads my blog (not really sure he does) My Mother told us kids a story long ago Oh, yeah we were rich kids Mother said “if Our Dad had no money she would live on a riverbank with Dad” Yes, I still remember those twinkling … Read more
- Watch “Don Williams ♫ Lord I Hope This Day Is Good ☆ʟʏʀɪᴄ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ☆” on YouTube LETTER TO MY husband THANK YOU FOR Loving me ❤❤https://youtu.be/BWKJJplYfNM My HUSBAND is beautiful inside and out he loves me cause he knows exactly why I love him just the way he is when he's Silent As I watch him silently those thoughts he has been trying to keep secret from me make me smile inside. My husband treats me as his Queen. My … Read more
- Your journey matters !Trauma and pain can not be measured or compared, it’s not a competition. Your journey matters ! Stop brushing aside your own experience as though it doesn't matter. So many times I have heard people saying things to me like "well it wasn't real sexual abuse because I wasn't penetrated" "I wasn't actually abused really … Read more
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.”Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore— While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, "The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters "As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber … Read more