“THE HARDHEADED BRAT OF BREWSTER COUNTY?!” a poem August 7, 2018 – Tuesday. a.k.a.: “Doctors, Lawyers, Indian Chiefs: IF You Have Questions, Call The Thiefs; If You’ve No Questions, Then Something’s Wrong – You-Need-An-Attitude-Adjustment … And A Different Song!”
“YOU! YOU! – You-you-need,
To ‘get on board’ and learn to read!
And-agree-more-often with conventionality!
IF-you-don’t, Mr. Hardhead, hardship you’ll see.
STUBBORN – is what WE think you are;
‘Get-with-the-program’-Mister! Then-you’ll ‘go far!!’
Hard Head! Resistant! to OUR decree,
🙂 – And so it went, and so it goes!
I-feel-the-condemnation, DOWN TO MY TOES!
And-yet! I-still-think-these-folks-are-filled-with-s – – –
I’d like them, for a change, to suck my _ _ _,
Or, actually, I really guess I don’t care
Any more (pause) for, this hardheaded “bear,”
Has heard these phrases once too often,
And thinks, perhaps, that in a coffin,
THEY should be put – with all of those,
That THINK – that I should stick my nose,
Into their armpits – and smell the roses!
And sim-pl-y – Adapt, THEIR SILLY POSES!
Q: Are my poor views, so filled with c _ _ _,
They THEY’ll – forever – continue their flap,
“You’re stubborn! YES! Hard-headed YOU, to have your own opinions, when they ‘don’t ring’ TRUE, with OUR ‘good judgment;’ you need a life / That patterns OURS; so-you-won’t-create strife / We NEED-to set you, set you – STRAIGHT! / Perhaps! We haven’t got-to-you-TOO-LATE!!”
“No, no,” said I; “you’re-not-only-late –
But, I’m sure, I-am-too and-I’m-OK-with-that:
YOU DON’T SEEM TO BE* – but that ‘don’t’ make me the brat!” – 🙂
- OK with that!!
- The “M” Word….by comedian Jeff Foxworthy. ~ what’s the ”M” WordThe "M" Word….by comedian Jeff Foxworthy Have you ever wondered why it’s OK to make jokes about Catholics, Jews, Christians, the Pope, the Irish, the Italians, the Polish, the Hungarians, the Chinese, the French (including French Canadians), the elderly, bad golfers, men/women, blacks/whites, red necks, etc., but its insensitive to make jokes about the Muslims? … Read more
- American Philosophy 💥💥American Philosophy The term “American Philosophy,” perhaps surprisingly, has been somewhat vague. While it has tended to primarily include philosophical work done by Americans within the geographical confines of the United States, this has not been exclusively the case. For example, Alfred North Whitehead came to the United States relatively late in life. On the … Read more
- How ‘Strange Fruit’ Killed Billie Holiday by Brandon Weber ~How ‘Strange Fruit’ Killed Billie Holidayby Brandon Weber “Strange Fruit” may have been written by American song-writer and poet Abel Meeropol (a.k.a. Lewis Allen), but ever since Billie Holiday sang the three brief stanzas to music in 1937, she’s owned it. Holiday, born Eleanora Fagan, said she always thought of her father when she sang … Read more
- “Giving More Respect To Turkeys!”TEXAS COWBOY“RESPECT!” a poem, intended to convey respect! a.k.a.: “Good Luck!” October 15, 2018 (Monday) [Preface: “Giving More Respect To Turkeys!” a poem within this poem, kinda! [”Help! I was kidnapped! by turkeys – with beaks and snoods! / They DEMANDED more respect; there were both hens & dudes: /“We are primary coverts!” at me they … Read more
- Australian ~ Poet Henry LawsonNow, with the wars of the world begun, they'll listen to you and me, Now while the frightened nations run to the arms of democracy, Now, when our blathering fools are scared, and the years have proved us right – All unprovided and unprepared, the Outpost of the White! "Get the people – no matter … Read more
- The Egos Con ~"PREPARATION" a poem September 13 2019 (Friday) IT'S ALMOST TIME TO W(H)INE AND DINE, ] Lots of PREP TIME shall be mine.] PutOnMyBestFace for THIS TIME, ] For I WANT it toBE sublime, APPROPRIATE and PROPER, see, ] WHEN FINISHED, feeling GOOD for ME, Is CRITICAL and very needed; I donotwannabe UPSET or out seeded. … Read more
- “O. J. MAN.” a poem on: Friday The 13th September 2019"O. J. MAN." a poem on: Friday The 13th September 2019 (I'm telling you) IF you can find a man to squeeze you orange juice in the morning, you got it made, 'Cause an orange juice squeezer that kind of guy is (for lack of a better term:) A HIGHER GRADE, Because he USES HIS … Read more
- Big fake ~"BIG FAKE" a poem for FRIDAY, September 13, 2019 A smile, A hug, An insincere I LOVE YOU; You're a fake, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE; You're NEVER authentic or true. "Well, OK, then What's Next? if you can't trust anything anyone does as really real?" A BUNCH OF FAKE PEOPLE. "You're FAKES that's just what I … Read more
- Comfy ~ in my opinion ~"COMFY!" a poem September 12, 2019 (Thursday) "Don't go there." and "Stay away from him." "I'm NOT comfortable (and you shouldn't be either) with Brian or Jim, Or Robin or any unstable girl or, even, Gladys, Who hangs out at The Local Bar, [who is] simply a BAD A ( ) S." Thank GOODNESS, we … Read more
- Luke Le Bree ~With your love dear Jesus thank and bless you for the many times you have looked upon myself and healed me for my separation from you, Now you give me your heart to speak with your beloved people. With your love dear Jesus thank and bless you for the many times you have looked upon … Read more
- “A PLANT’S LIFE” a poem Sept 12 2019 Thursday"A PLANT'S LIFE" a poem Sept 12 2019 Thursday It grows. We knows. in soil with water so H2 Oh's the thing; The plant goes AHHHH when, to the plant, our water jug we bring. The plant feels THAT, but can not pat us on the back or THANK (us) Because IT'S NOT SELF AWARE, … Read more
- “WHAT FOLLOWS A MAN WITHOUT LOVE” a poem Sept. 12, 2019 (Thor’s)"WHAT FOLLOWS A MAN WITHOUT LOVE" a poem Sept. 12, 2019 (Thor's) A man (or woman) I think without LOVE is pretty lonely, And (s)he will be seeking for love perhaps only, FOREVER I THINK because I think LOVE IS PRETTY IMPORTANT, And without love PROBABLY a person art n't, BE going around saying (that) … Read more
- “Princess Qajar” and the Problem with Junk History Memes – A Bit of Historyhttps://youtu.be/lJeB_mC_AI8 Junk history is embodied perfectly in a recent viral meme that portrays a nineteenth-century Persian princess with facial hair alongside the claim that 13 men killed themselves over their unrequited love for her. While it fails miserably at historical accuracy, the meme succeeds at demonstrating how easily viral clickbait obscures and overshadows rich and … Read more
- We Are Addiction ~“THE EXORCIST, RE-VISITED!” a poem a.k.a.: “No Rest For Those Without Rest In Their Degree Plan!” September Wednesday. Poetry tonight at The Holland Hotel at 6:30 P. M. AND Karaoke tonight at The Railroad Blues at about 10:00 P. M. Good luck!! 🙂 “There-are-two-options! FLAT-OUT! and SLEEPING-LIKE-THE-DEAD!” SHE said, laying there – a-spinning her pretty, … Read more
- God Bless America ~Wednesday, September 11, 2019 ~ Mim All of the First Responder of 9-11 deserved our enduring gratitude, including the ones on the plane bound for the White House, because the passengers on it were the 1st First Responders. They gave all for us, and for the country they loved; consequently, they are of much note, … Read more
- Shy Stuff ~"SHY THING(S)" a poem a.k.a.: "Food Products And Other Things That Are Not Out There On Display For A Variety of Reasons" September 11, 2019 (Wednesday) There's SOMETHING THERE it-could-be-in-MY-mouth, but I can't imagine what it might be, Because YOUR lips are closed and tight. So what it is, I can not see. But I'm … Read more
- “THE ITALIAN WAY!”~"THE ITALIAN WAY!" a poem, to be song to the song: "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog!" [Three Dog Night] written: on September 11, 2019 (Wednesday) Giovannia was "a hit-man!" I think he was a friend of mine, 'Cause he never shot at me or cut my throat (pause) but he once threw a telephone line, and … Read more
- You’re RIGHT. I AM – a liar. barbaric deceitful and grandiose ~"DON'T LET THE SINFUL, LYING GUY BLOW YOU A KISS" a poem, a.k.a.: "Every Guy's A Sinful, Lying Guy, And Don't Ask Me About Gals" Wednesday. September 11, 2019 . You're RIGHT. I AM – a liar. barbaric deceitful and pretentious, AND ALTOGETHER – too darn NASTY or – Ah (What's that word?) "LICENTIOUS" It's … Read more
- Americans are commemorating 9/11 with mournful ceremonies, volunteering, appeals to “never forget” and rising attention to the terror attacks’ extended toll on responders.Memorial ~Americans are commemorating 9/11 with mournful ceremonies, volunteering, appeals to "never forget" and rising attention to the terror attacks' extended toll on responders. A crowd of victims' relatives is expected at ground zero Wednesday, while President Donald Trump is scheduled to join an observance at the Pentagon. Vice President Mike Pence is to speak at … Read more
- Women in Boots Born Wild ~"S – x – y BOOTS!" a poem , a.k.a.: "An Undercover Pair!" September 10, 2019 [Two Boots for Two – xxx – Day] Monica! She got-a-NICE BOOT; I-gave-it-to-her Yes! tor DAY! BOOTS! are made for walking! and (maybe) STOMPING!! Well, not too much, I pray, For Moan-i-ka – and DAN-NY, they-are our favorite couple; … Read more