“FATE INCOGNITO!” a poem May 26, 2019 (Sunday)
For-a-little-while, each 100 years, The Goddess doth appear,
To serve mixed drinks, a few hors doeuvres and a-quality-glass-o’-beer,
Unto the patrons in-Pur-ga-tory’s “Cent-ur-ary Club,”
Where people hang out who have names like Jeff-‘ry and like Bub!
Here-She-carefully ob-serves (pause) the-wiles-of-gals-and-men,
For she has come back, as she does, comes back once again,
To establish that humanity is [still] quite wretched-and-sad,
But The Goddess never judges such-things-as-being-“bad!”
Here, The Goddess quite enjoys serving up the drinks,
And laughing! and bouncing! as-everybody-thinks,
“Who is this waitress, whom we see? This SERVER OF OUR SOULS?
She seems so at home, doesn’t she?” Of course, she quite controls,
The Bar – The Restaurant – and – the-many haunted rooms,
That-are-so-filled with the spirits of sots and of baffoons,
Who sleepeth com-for-tably; as they’re just waiting there,
To determine – if’n Hell or-Heaven will be their lair!
All are oblivious, seemingly, to-Fate, but drawn unto Her charms!
Longing, ever longing – to be caught up in Her arms,
And to cry for all eternity – in to The-Night!
If they knew just where they were, t’would be-for-them quite the fright!
But! Take hope, oh, “Ye of Little,” for angels come [here] to insure,
That The Goddess, known as Fate, will-play-fair-and-not-lure,
The Unsuspecting Patrons – to Hell’s Gate – without cause,
For “entrapment” is not sanctioned! Even-here, there-are strict-laws!
For-instance, being drawn to BEAUTY, is never thought a crime,
And it’s good to “top” your drink, with a cherry (pause) or-a-lime!
For loving relations in-a-loving-bed – are never deemed illegal,
Especially with Fate, [especially Fate] A Goddess, Oh, so regal!
As I write this I fairly cry, for even Fate don’t know,
Where She really comes from – or where She might-then-go!
I can only say: “I’ve seen Her, in her fine disguise,
And-I-told-Her-a-little-joke! She-laughed – and rolled-Her-eyes,
And, as She walks among these men, She keeps her profile low,
Or-someone-like-me-will-surely-guess – who-She-is, don’t-you-know!
- “[And remember:] I’M CRAZY IN LOVE WITHLet’s make us up a GOD, the “best” one we can; (S)HE may SEEM kind of stupid & may (seem to) not have (much of) a plan, But we will make up Our GOD, kind of like a movie director, Who might STILL cast people to play characters like Hannibal Lector, But Our […]
- THERE WE ARE.” a poem for: Thursday December 5, 2019.Well, there’s M & J, “The Button” and “Jack;” We got each other; we ain’t goin’ back. We ain’t goin’ forward; we’re goin’ around, And IntoEachOthers’Arms is where we’re bound. (pause) Whether we’re resting, BLUE RED or (in the) PINK, Whether we’re SWEET […]
- FairyLEFT BEHIND? HIGHER SELF? HEART?Are you left behind? a sad, sad state? When, for the journey, you could not wait, When the future looked so bright,When with high spirits, things seemed right.And then you’re told, “You have been cut,”You seem to be here in a rut,WILL? LOWER SELF?”Can’t I come?” MIND?:”No, stay behind?”The Heart is […]
- Two’s A Sacred HeartCOUPLES. I saw 2 birds, they came to rest upon a cross of brass, And it was on the church next door, about the time of Mass. They were 2, a couple, I saw them there together, And they shall fly and they shall try in any type of weather. I thought, “Tis good to […]
- “NOT RECOMMENDED.” a poem January 18, 2020 (Saturday)“NOT RECOMMENDED.” a poem January 18, 2020 (Saturday) What have I learned, These last (few) years, With some clar i ty? Namely, That NOT to anyone would I recommend me, For any purpose. And what am I? Am I strong or weak? Well, whatever I am, it appears to me it must be pretty bleak, […]