“FORGIVENESS WITH A SMILE!” a poem, a.k.a.: “Still Smiling [After All This Time]!?”* 04/19/2019 (Fri)
Stop coughing so much, and you-won’t-give-yourself-a-head-ache!
Complainers-often: (pause) a worse state they-make!
Why-NOT, as preciously-“supplied,”
Just let IT pass; don’t get too riled,
“We beat Him – and hung him, and spat in his eye,
and, yet, we-still-saw-love-there!” (pause) It’s OK to cry!
“Maybe I shouldn’t be: so-darn-cruel-&-nas-ty,
To people I hardly know, who-seems-to-be-more-‘classy,’
Than-ever-I-could-be; perhaps, you-know, just-may-be,
We aught to cut this fellow down who’s-nailed-to-“this tree,”
THE ONE WE WERE ORDERED TO NAIL HIM TO!
You-would-think-He’d-be-loud-and-cursing, whimpering BOO HOO!
But, no he’s just a-hangin’, with-a-fond-smile on his face,
Like-He’s-blessing – and-forgiving – everyone-in-this-Place!
* – Written by a Roman soldier, a long time ago!
- View from the Citadel Ramparts in Copenhagen by Moonlight1839
- Texas ~ America ~ Landscape
- American History ~
- “[And remember:] I’M CRAZY IN LOVE WITH
- THERE WE ARE.” a poem for: Thursday December 5, 2019.