“LAZARUS SUNDAY!”* a poem, dedicated to Ed and Katie, our friends. Posted: April 11, 2019 (Thursday) Written: April 7, 2019 (Sunday)
We-two played tennis, years ago;
I sang with Ed, a tenor “pro!”
His-choir-voice, so sweet and fine,
And-his-wife-Katie, her-voice, Divine!
Well, Ed-got-sick; our-friendsmoved-away,
And-Ed-died recently! Let us pray:
“Lord, Katie’s back! (pause) Lazarus-came-back-too!
Katie came home, to-sing with-me-and-you;
To let us know – that all is fine,
And death is vanquished – in this rhyme!”
“Hi, there Katie!” Let us pause,
Whil-st Katie peels-off – all the gauze!
Behold! Not-Lazarus! but Eddie’s face,
And-our-lovers share a fond embrace!
All around us, people cheer,
For Death has passed, both far and near,
And, thanks to “God,” all people live!
Such praise – we-all – will surely give!
We cheer: “Praise God! No one is lost;
Thy birth! Thy death! Our Pentacost!”
Lent will pass; we’ll-surely-be-filled!
* – This was written during a church service on Lazarus Sunday (04/07/2019), to commemorate Lazarus Saturday, coming up on 04/13/2019!
- “GOOD DAY BAD DAY!” ~ MYSTIC POET
- “FORGIVENESS WITH A SMILE!” ~ MYSTIC POET
- Each day of optimism and a smile
- Man who was wrongfully convicted of WA murder is killed in hit-run – Yahoo News
- ~ Quote ~ Kindness